Friday, November 16, 2007

What's In a Name

When I decided to start this blog I had a ton of ideas and topics whirling through my head. The toughest part seemed to be coming up with the name. I asked my husband if he had any ideas. He reminded me that it took him two weeks to name his dog back in elementary school -- I guess I was on my own here! I wanted a name that would encompass all that I wanted to share. I am really focusing on leading a healthy life and helping my family do the same but I also want to focus on all-around well-being. So that's how the "Healthy" part came about.

I have found that with all things in life, if something isn't achievable or poses too much of a challenge many people, including myself, seem to shy away. In the always on the go world that we live in people don't have the time or energy to make drastic changes. I like to think of the lifestyle changes I write about as merely adjustments. Nothing radical, nothing far-fetched, just ideas to hopefully help you make good decisions. If you know starting off that something is not going to work for you, then try taking bits and pieces that do fit. This is what lead to "Sustainable" part of my blog. I want these changes to last, to sustain, even when challenges present themselves.

I hope you can sustain the healthy lifestyle you want!

No comments: